Keeping stats this year

LuckyPickle123

Deer Season.pdf

I started keeping statistics this year of the sightings seen withing our hunting party.  Notice the steady trend of seeing 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 year old bucks.  And now in the past 5 days, absolutely zero.  Guess this kind of goes with my October lull post.  The pdf is attached.

Edited by LuckyPickle123

I know the deer have great sight anyway, but the full moon has been unbelievably bright going in the a.m. and maybe their nocturnal habits change during these full phases.  If there getting to pre rut, they can be eating and chasing all night long and feel very comfortable to just sleep most of the day. Once it gets to full rut, there's no stopping em and they should move all the time. I'm just throwing that out, don't know for sure.

We've had the opposite results where I hunt. The past 5 days have seen ALOT more buck activity with a few of them being big bucks. The bigger bucks seem to be sticking to the thick cover though. I had a big 8 point at 32 yards broadside yesterday afternoon. I thought he was gonna come closer so I waited on the shot and he turned around and walked back into the thick stuff when he was done eating apples. From now on, I take the first good shot I get!