A Clean Miss This Evening...

PREDATE

Just before last light a good 8 pt. came in out of nowhere. He stood on the path that I walked in on for about 2 minutes then turned and walked right behind my tree at 10 yds. He was kind of leary and watching behind him(I could swear that I heard doe bleats coming from where he came from). He got downwind of me and ran out to 40 yds.(my max). In the fading light I didn't see the twigs which affected the flight of my 100 Gr. Muzzy. I just got home from retrieving my sparkly clean arrow. I've been beating myself up pretty bad for not drawing on him sooner, but I think he would have spotted me because he was glancing up at me. The dang seat on my climber was making noise as I was turning to shoot and that's what spooked him. He was also nervous after smelling my footprints. Now I'll be sure to wear my rubber boots and stand up while in the climber. All that makes me remember all the other times things like this happen. And it does happen!! I Love Bowhunting!!!

I had a 5 pointer come in at last light over the weekend 25 yards broad side, drew back he looked up! Now I'm in full draw in a staring contest with him......starting to feel the shake coming on he takes 2 steps back still looking at me I decide to let it fly....I believe that was the first time I've seen a deer jump an arrow! It was either let it fly or let him spook off. I KNOW it wasn't me, the release felt as good as ever, I watched him tense up and right over his back it flew!

Better a clean miss than a bad shot and a wounded deer with a non fatal wound. Hang in there, things are heating up and you could get another chance.

true that!!! my friends a farmer and he found a decent buck dead in his corn with an arrow stuck in the side of him already. arrow was just forward of his back legs, prolly neutered him poor fella!!!