Army acu for hunting?

TeeBugg

Ive got a few sets of acu's and was wondering if anyone had used them for deer hunting before? I have a groune spot that i feel like im a sore thumb in my realtree. All the trees around and behind me are light colored and most of the leaves are now down. Wonder if i should give it a whirl?

I am a firm believer in that the camo pattern doesnt really matter,if you dont move they will have a tough time picking you out with most any camo on the market today.I would give them a shot.Better yet take them someplace and stick them in a area thats like what you will be hunting and see what they look like.

• Like 1

I am a firm believer in that the camo pattern doesnt really matter,if you dont move they will have a tough time picking you out with most any camo on the market today.I would give them a shot.Better yet take them someplace and stick them in a area thats like what you will be hunting and see what they look like.

I was just thinking that actually. I may go and see the difference between the two.

The modern ACU digital camo? Or the afghan camo? The camo used overseas for the army is different from state side pattern. I am in the reserves so I have lots of ACU digital camo but never thought about using it because I find that it's more for looks rather than practical camo in the woods. I read a lot about camo with snipers and it's proven that you small spots of different colors around each other turn into one large blog of a color at a distance.

With that all said though, I wouldn't mind using it in the early season when temps are high but all my stands are in pines or green trees.

Not multicam. I was in too and have a buncb of acu digital. Its going with me in the morning so when i get ready to leave i can try it against the backdrop

let me know how it works. I always thought it would work well if there is a lot of greyish dead backdrop like some barks and older logged areas.