Where to sight in my Bow

bnola

Does anyone know of any area around Brooklyn where I could sight my bow in up to 40yds? I am new to the area so not to familiar with any locations where people wouldnt freak out if they saw me shooting a bow. I was thinking on the beach in Brighton Beach since it's cold outside and no one is on the beach at this time. Then I had to remind myself I'm not in Louisiana anymore and I would probably get arrested. LOL

Don't shoot our bow anywhere in Brooklyn outside of Floyd Bennett Field. You'll get in trouble with the authorities for discharging a firearm within city limits.

Drive over to ProLines or come on up to Westchester at Blue Mountain Sportsman Center. ProLines is indoors up to 20 yards, and Floyd is outdoors but you should bring our own targets(not realistic for most city folk). You will also need a parking pass for Floyd($40 a year or so). ProLines is your best bet if you may need some help and products.

Good luck.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 1

Don't shoot our bow anywhere in Brooklyn outside of Floyd Bennett Field. You'll get in trouble with the authorities for discharging a firearm within city limits.

Drive over to ProLines or come on up to Westchester at Blue Mountain Sportsman Center. ProLines is indoors up to 20 yards, and Floyd is outdoors but you should bring our own targets(not realistic for most city folk). You will also need a parking pass for Floyd($40 a year or so). ProLines is your best bet if you may need some help and products.

Good luck.

I was at proline lastnight and got my 20yds dead on. I have a target to practice. I was hoping for a spot where I can set my 30, 40 and maybe 50 yd pins. Also possibly mount my climber and shoot targets from there. I am pretty close to floyd bennet field. I may have to go check that out. 

Thanks,

Bnola, I'll split cost for parking with ya if you want. Staten Island has a spot too also need to bring your own target but $15 a trip for the the damn Verrazano bridge lol. We both in bk Floyd sounds much better. If possible when you find out details let me know.

Bnola, I'll split cost for parking with ya if you want. Staten Island has a spot too also need to bring your own target but $15 a trip for the the damn Verrazano bridge lol. We both in bk Floyd sounds much better. If possible when you find out details let me knoI

I just got off the phone with FBF. They sell a $50 permit that is good for one year. That is all you need to use the range. I will purchase the permit of course. You would be more than welcome to join. Do you know where we could buy some targets? They said they had some there, but I'm not sure what they look like. 

I've never been to FBF but people tell me the targets are pretty beat up.  Blue Mountain is a bit the same.  Before the season it's great.  By season's end, the center of the target is so beat up that my arrows go right through.  I end up purposely targeting the corners.  Blue Mountain also has a 3D course as well.

I've never been to FBF but people tell me the targets are pretty beat up.  Blue Mountain is a bit the same.  Before the season it's great.  By season's end, the center of the target is so beat up that my arrows go right through.  I end up purposely targeting the corners.  Blue Mountain also has a 3D course as well.

Blue Mountain is pretty far? No?

Great, only targets I know is proline, I'll call dicks on Staten Island to see if they carry targets but I doubt it.

My office is in Staten Island. Let me know if they have some. If they do, Ill pick up some before I go back across the bridge today. 

Dude, climbing trees in the city is probably a ticketable offense down here.

If they are going to give you a ticket for just climbing a tree they will definitely arrest me when I stand on my balcony tonight to shoot the racoon on Brighton 2nd that keeps dumping over the trash!!!

In Louisiana the cops would hold the spot light for you. 

If they are going to give you a ticket for just climbing a tree they will definitely arrest me when I stand on my balcony tonight to shoot the racoon on Brighton 2nd that keeps dumping over the trash!!!

You're in a whole different world here my friend. The cops may not bother arresting you, they might just shoot you.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

• Like 1

Can you actually find this law that lists bows as "firearms"?

I went looking for it the other day and I can't find it in the city penal code.  I always thought it was illegal, but I can't find anything other than the states 500' rule on the actual books.

I use Willowbrook Park to sight in my bow at 40+ yards, but as it was mentioned multiple times above, you need your own targets.  There are currently no places on Staten Island that I know of that carry archery gear.  The Dick's on SI is useless, and Outdoor Adventures closed a couple of years ago.  If you are on SI and looking for a proshop that is a relatively short drive away, a new place in Woodbridge, NJ opened up this year.  I believe it's called Woodbridge Arms and Archery.

Can you actually find this law that lists bows as "firearms"?

I don't think they are considered firearms in NYC.  I tried checking into this just last week, after my brother saw a young woman, probably in her late teens, carrying a strung, uncased recurve bow on the NYC subway!   I actually think you can walk around with one uncased in NYC!  I guess she could get away with it, since she was a woman, but I would have NO doubt that if a man tried doing the same, he'd get stopped and questioned if a cop happened to see him carrying a bow wide open like that.

Elmo, you can try it and let us know what happens?? 

Wanna see raccoons, come see me at prospect park. Shyts are bigger then the deer I saw yesterday in 3s, I have a 90 lb am staff terrier and those coons don't move a inch when my dog runs at them in the garbage cans, nyc critters are no joke.