Whats up with the DEC press release??

growalot

I got the email too , the number in parenthetsee ( )  these things, are the permits that will be mailed out because they were denied in the first draw.  Great system, you get denied when you get your license , then they mail it to you because their computer program randomly denies more than what is should have issued. Now they spend the money to mail them out plus the man power to coordinate the mailing . How about saving some money and issue them on a first come first served basis, then all the permits are given out and money saved in the long run. I like how they put Cuomo's name in there like he's  the fiend to all hunters. What a D$%& head

• Like 1

It wasn't the computer's fault.  It says right in the release that there were less than the expected number of applicants for DMP's.  If there had been the expected number, or close to it, they wouldn't be mailing them out.

I do like the idea of first come first served, but that hurts the chances of the guy that has to scrape together enough money for a license, and maybe if he's lucky, a doe tag too, and isn't quite ready on the day they go on sale. 

• Like 1

all very silly to me,  zone i have my camp in is 7M.   Non residents are not eligiable to recieve a permit for this zone.  However now they have 1800 permits left over.  WTF ? 

Not only non resident but no second chance either.  High first, zero second and 1000 permits leftover.