So how was your waterfowl opener?

Live2Hunt

Well how was your wqaterfowl opener?

Hunted the Tonawanda WMA and it was the worse opener ever for myself and seven others that hunted our area on Saturday. I had 4 mallards come in and land 15 minutes before legal shooting time, so I thought it may be good day, even though the weather was miserable. Only seen 1 mallard all morning. Geese were flying high. The other group of hunters that were at the boat take out area also complained at not see much at all. General consensus was the worst opener we all have ever experienced.

Yes sir. A sweet older widow owns it as her husband passed away a few years ago. She's good friends with my buddy's family and is always nice enough to let us hunt the ponds every fall. We only do 2 or 3 hunts to keep the banging down but it's always good for mallards when we do.

Ha!!!! I used to do dog training with the local Navhda chapter there and tested two of my dogs there. It's about 5 mins from my house. Small world!

My Saturday morning was spent on a pond in Ontario County.  We have been hunting it for many years, some very productive and others not so much.  Just Jenny and I again this year.

Not a great morning but certainly time well spent.

IMG_5077_zpscc0baabc.jpg

IMG_5083_zpsd6900077.jpg

IMG_5085_zps8740951a.jpg

IMG_5091_zps3d8abd09.jpg

• Like 1