Rage 2 blade vs Grim Reaper 3 blade

Guns&ReligionCop

You can in my part of NY.

You can use a shotgun to kill squirrels and deer.

The same precedent (I'm using that term loosely) with the bow and FP applies...

It is unlawful to hunt big game with:

• A firearm or bow aided by any artificial light or a laser that projects a beam toward the target.
  • An autoloading firearm with a capacity of more than 6 shells (one which requires that the trigger be pulled separately for each shot), except an autoloading pistol with a barrel length of less than 8 inches.
  • A firearm using rimfire ammunition.
  • A shotgun of less than 20 gauge or any shotgun loaded with shells other than those carrying a single projectile.
  • A bow with a draw weight of 35 lbs or less.
  • Arrows with barbed broadheads; arrowheads less than 7/8 inches at the widest point or with less than 2 sharp cutting edges.
  • Dogs.
  • Aircraft of any kind.
  • Bait.

That's the catch - when I unload the shotgun full of truballs and throw in a No 6 load I stop hunting deer and start hunting small game. Vice versa when the truballs go in. Now, the actual act of loading/aiming/shooting of deer with the field load is illegal, but again, the carrying of a field load in your pocket while deer hunting is not illegal here. The distinction for Buckshot is made, I believe, but not field loads.

I never said I knew the legality for sure, only how it worked in PA.  Once I got the DEC to answer it I posted the legit info.  Not nearly as helpful as the tips I received like "Go Look it Up Yourself" as if I wasn't already.

I still think it's unethical for the same scenario that G&RCop conveyed, the ease of accidently nocking the wrong arrow in the dark or in the heat of the moment, but those ethics like all are defined by me and confined to me.

I never failed to see your logic, meanwhile I was trashed for mine, yeah well, message boards.

Edited by Meat Manager

For a monster like in your avatar I would say...are they 2 blade or 3 and what weight arrow/FOC for such a beast?

The 150-grain Boltcutter has proven itself to be the most accurate hunting head on the market. The 1-1⁄16" cutting head is made from high-strength stainless steel to withstand the hardest hits and still deliver devastating performance. Designed for use with today's high-speed hunting crossbows.

I pair these broadheads with Excalibur Firebolt Carbon Arrows.

My point was that you can't use the same firearm on a deer and squirrel in the same season and you can't carry field and water loads while bird hunting.

But I am wrong about the legality...so shoot all the tree rats you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I can carry some#6 shot to shoot squirrels while I am deer hunting with the shotgun.

I won't be shooting squirrels with my arrows. Too expensive. A over 45 an arrow I won't use my deer arrows on a turkey. Keep a different one for those.

• Like 1

The 150-grain Boltcutter has proven itself to be the most accurate hunting head on the market. The 1-1⁄16" cutting head is made from high-strength stainless steel to withstand the hardest hits and still deliver devastating performance. Designed for use with today's high-speed hunting crossbows.

I pair these broadheads with Excalibur Firebolt Carbon Arrows.

Sounds like an elephant stopper.

I use broken arrows that I've repaired or arrows that I find for small game. I won't care as much if I lose them or break them shooting at squirrels. Yes, I carry at least 1 FP in my quiver when I'm in the woods. I switch from deer, to squirrel, to whatever else that I can legally take at that moment when hunting with my bow, or any weapon of choice. I'm allowed I do so, legally.

What I don't get is, just because you think others can't switch back and worth reliably, doesn't mean it should be law. Perhaps you can't distinguish, or can't remember, but I check and double check all the time which head and arrow I'm ready to pull from the quiver and shoot. I carry 4 arrows, all with a different head on each. From closest to furthest, G5 Montec CS, Rage 2" mech, Stinger fixed, and a FP. If and when it comes a point when I can't remember my arrows, its time to change up the game to keep me legal. But I certainly don't need people like you telling making laws telling me I can't bring a FP with me into the woods while pursuing multiple species of game.

Also, no one is obligated to siting or linking you the regs of NYS, it is YOUR responsibility to know them and follow them. If you think its illegal to carry FP to the woods, by all means don't do it. I often like to correct other members when they are wrong on the regs, but i do so only because I don't want new hunters misguided. Asking, then bashing other members for your lack of knowledge shows that you're not only lazy, but not too bright. You picked the wrong argument to get into.

My advice to you, take the good from these forums, and leave the bad.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Read the whole debate,

Someone actually did shoot a deer with a fp, not me. It was cop bragging about some kid so I thought that was odd knowing you certainly can't shoot a deer with a field point.

I never said I knew the reg, I immediately looked it up and asked for a link if it was handy since everyone was so sure. It is illegal in pa, so it's not some baseless notion.

I contacted dec and the first person didn't know until they got an officer who did, so it's not exactly clear.

Then I posted the correct info....I still think its unethical because lots of mistakes happen in the field, carrying different arrows increases those odds. But thats my own opinion.

It's legal so do it if you want.

Edited by Meat Manager

Read the whole debate,

Someone actually did shoot a deer with a fp, not me. It was cop bragging about some kid so I thought that was odd knowing you certainly can't shoot a deer with a field point.

I never said I knew the reg, I immediately looked it up and asked for a link if it was handy since everyone was so sure. It is illegal in pa, so it's not some baseless notion.

I contacted dec and the first person didn't know until they got an officer who did, so it's not exactly clear.

Then I posted the correct info....I still think its unethical because lots of mistakes happen in the field, carrying different arrows increases those odds. But thats my own opinion.

It's legal so do it if you want.

I always read the entire thread before commenting, unlike Belo.

I don't think there was any bragging involved, just stating a fact that accuracy is better than any BH out there and to prove his point, he used an example, albeit it was an illegal one.

You asked twice for the siting of this law, when there really isn't one. And I suppose some members didn't want to spoon feed you so they snapped at you. Can't blame them, you should be the one familiar with NY regs, and stop siting PA ones. This is mainly a NY site.

I can see ethics being very gray most of the time, but even I will disagree that carrying a FP afield while pursuing white tail deer is not unethical. The act of taking one is not only unethical, but also illegal as stated. Unethical usually falls in the category of what one thinks is right or wrong, within their skill sets. If I can shoot a deer in the head 500 yards away every time, its ethical for me to do so, but if you can't, then its unethical for you. Has nothing to do with if I did it with a hollow point or a FMJ.

Hey I know when I get addressed by you to put the thread down.

Find someone else to troll.

I'm still the only one who backed up anything I said about the OP topic with documented evidence and when I needed clarification on a reg i contacted dec.

If anyone has info and is refusing to share it what is the point of this thread.

Edited by Meat Manager

Hey I know when I get addressed by you to put the thread down.

Find someone else to troll.

I'm still the only one who backed up anything I said about the OP topic with documented evidence and when I needed clarification on a reg i contacted dec.

If anyone has info and is refusing to share it what is the point of this thread.

The OP's thread was about 2 BH, not 2 BH and a FP. You went off tangent talking about PA regs and siting false info about NY regs, then when called on it, you went ad did your research. Research that many of us already did when we became hunters of NYS.

Don't get all butt hurt because some members lashed out at you. That's how most of the folks on this forum do, so you either fit in, or you don't.

I appreciate the PM btw, but I seriously don't have the room for your inappropriate non-sense in my inbox. I need to fill it with other HuntingNY related non-sense. So please don't PM me anymore.

Hey hater troll, again i did get off topic but only questioned its legality...it is not clear in the dec regs so I asked while I researched. I only cited pa regs as a baseline for my question, not that it applied in New York.

Meanwhile you jump on every thread rarely actually commenting on the op and throwing your opinions around like the word of god...keep jerkin to trolling...I'll keep hunting.

I harvested 6 deer before posting on this site again after being trolled out by belo last season...thought maybe things changed so I came back...thanks for making me realize what a mistake that was..

Edited by Geno C

Hey hater troll, again i did get off topic but only questioned its legality...it is not clear in the dec regs so I asked while I researched. I only cited pa regs as a baseline for my question, not that it applied in New York.

Meanwhile you jump on every thread rarely actually commenting on the op and throwing your opinions around like the word of god...keep jerkin to trolling...I'll keep hunting.

I harvested 6 deer before posting on this site again after being trolled out by belo last season...thought maybe things changed so I came back...thanks for making me realize what a mistake that was..

I'm not religious, so you can keep your god crap to yourself. I hope you say out this time, for good. Save me more time to troll other threads.

You might have only hit one lung have seen deer live for awhile with one balloon I shoot muzzy mx-3 but I don't trust mechanicals dude to a lost deer the mx-3 puts a hurtin on them but bow hunting is all about shot placement !!

+1 on the muzzy, I love them and also don't trust mech

I'm not religious, so you can keep your god crap to yourself. I hope you say out this time, for good. Save me more time to troll other threads.

Is it within the framework of the board rules to say go penetrate yourself with whichever broadhead you prefer.

I got plenty of support about what a troll you are so ill stick around.

• Like 2

Wow this thread got hijacked by RAGE lovers. What I have noticed is that I see people are for and against rage but not a single comment against the reapers! Even more shocking is Shawnhu and I actually agree on something!! (Shawn I guess I owe you a beer, How bout the Bx Ale house?)

As far as meatmanager I'm guessing you know about as much hunting as you do law enforcement since are suggesting that I take action against a teenager for a violation that I didn't observe 60 miles out of my jurisdiction(smh) Maybe next you will have me getting search warrants for grade schooler's with over do library books!

Well I'm done following this thread because its going no where now but if I change my opinion on the RAGE broadheads in the future I'll be sure to publicly let GenoC and MEatmanger they were right! Until then I'll stick with my 100 grain Grim Reapers and of course my Trusty 100 grain thunderheads