The Results

Well, inspite of all the weeping and wailing and fake disgust with albany, I see that for the most part, the state vote went pretty liberal as usual. As they say, we get the government we deserve. I guess I won't be putting a whole lot of stock in the mass whining about NYS and it's government anymore. We had a chance to do something about it and didn't. By the way, from a sportsmen's and gun-owner's perspective, the state election was a special disaster.

I'm happy to say that the elections for national offices went much better as the nation's voters really did put their votes where their mouths are (at least in the assembly).

Doc

• 1 month later...

Well, I read somewhere that "people get the kind of government they deserve". That applies to NYS more than any place I can think of. If you don't vote, or continue to vote for those that have the best ideas and programs of handouts, then you probably deserve a NYS style government. It's too bad the rest of us have to get caught up in that crap. But then if we weren't dragged along, who would actually pay for all the give-aways  :)