Passing on bucks because of Antler Restrictions

Dorsilfin

Actually i could get a dmp every year if I chose to.  I do not invoke my land owner privilege to get one.  I had 4 preference points  this year, and got turned down again.  When I do get one, I sign it over to a young inexperienced hunter so thay have a chance to fill it.  So I think I have a right to speak about DMP's.  My point about Dmp's as you seem to miss it a lot is almost all here who are for AR seem to get a handful of DMP's every year they can use to fill their freezers.  If they were not allowed that possibility, I doubt they would be so for AR if their hunting choices were so limited.  So again I doubt very many of you would bother to hunt in my area if you had AR and no extra tags to fill.   

not implying you don't have a right to talk about this stuff.  not trying to cut you down either, sorry if what I typed came across that way.  I think it's very admirable giving a DMP for 3A to a young hunter.  just trying to point out why the DMPs are hard to come by and that I support controlling harvest numbers when need be by not giving many out.  wasn't talking about land owner DMAPs but i do understand where you're coming from.  I'm sure you're right that many would change their mind if they didn't have access to a handful of DMPs.  here on the forums i don't maybe.  almost all hunters in NY though I'm not so sure.  most i know and hunt with fill their tags and don't get any extra at at all.  maybe that's the exception, i don't know.  DMPs for 4C are not as hard to get as 3A but still need some preferences points.  now with the $10 fee i think they don't even bother.  i could get a ton of DMAPS with the family farm and relatives lands.  i don't though.   i don't apply for DMPs and didn't even when it was free.  most of my family, dad and uncles, don't like to shoot doe.  they grew up in a heavily poached area and where in a similar boat you're in for deer numbers.  even then some years i felt like a lot got shot by neighbors so I'd go elsewhere on public land to fill tags.  the family farm taxes for property and school are well into 5 digits, but we still don't get "nuisance" permits or DMAPs.  however, i think you do deserve a DMAP as a land owner with at least 50 acres.  you bubba pay taxes on your land that supports some of the deer population so you've payed in more than someone who just bought tags.  i know it doesn't go into the same pot but it's money going out all the same.  that's what i think, not saying anyone is wrong.  just trying to talk it out.