Scrape Activity in December

NYBuckHunter27

I've noticed some small scraping activty this past week along my food plot and field edges, i really didnt think anything of it i actually wasnt even sure that it was deffinatly a scrape....That is until this morning, 2 deffinate fresh scrapes on the edge of a field with the recent snow fall lastnight this scrape is clean and down to the mud.

Is anyone esle seeing scraping activity? is this the sign of a 2nd rut? could this just be a small buck with some testoterone?

Yes, in my experience this is an indicator of does coming into estrous. It's a skeleton % of the typical November timeframe, but a few will be about.

Many scrapes are active year-round, but the fresh broken ground in December to me always seems to coincide with a late doe that I encounter. It's tough to really capitalize on given the pressure.

My uncle and I saw some scrapes last weekend while we were out. One was real big with leaves and dirt thrown five feet behind it. We were joking that it looked like something a bull would do before it charged. Real easy to know it was fresh with the snow we had. Some scrapes that we knew were there before the snow were not touched but we saw 3-4 that were