I'm convinced, it's the loggers

nybuckboy

>:(  Well I hunted Wed afternoon 3pm to dark; then Thur and Fri morn and again from 3pm to dark rained off and on both days; Sat and Sun morn until late morning and again in the afternoon  I saw 5 deer and none I could actually get a shot at.

This is an area I have hunted for the past 10 years and we have taken about 10 deer off. I have passed on some as well. There have been times where I did go a day or 2 w/o seeing deer but I have logged many hours and all I can say somethings wrong.

The loggers have been in the woods building a 30' log bridge the

preceding  week and then began logging last Tues and Wed. The didn't log on Thur/Fri cause it rained but the woods smelled of cut lumber. I wondered if this kept the deer away.

Other than the first weekend when my son and I saw about 12 or 13 deer we have not been seeing  deer. He said he has not seen a deer in about 10 days but he doesn't hunt as much as I do.

I have nunted hard and long and just feakin bummed!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

It's never good to have a sudden increase in the level of human activity when you are trying to bowhunt. But in future seasons, you will see the population increase. This might be a good time to explore some other hunting areas nearby that aren't quite so ripped up with activity. Get ready for some excellent hunting next year and thereafter.

Doc

>;)  Well I hunted Wed afternoon 3pm to dark; then Thur and Fri morn and again from 3pm to dark rained off and on both days; Sat and Sun morn until late morning and again in the afternoon  I saw 5 deer and none I could actually get a shot at.

This is an area I have hunted for the past 10 years and we have taken about 10 deer off. I have passed on some as well. There have been times where I did go a day or 2 w/o seeing deer but I have logged many hours and all I can say somethings wrong.

The loggers have been in the woods building a 30' log bridge the

preceding  week and then began logging last Tues and Wed. The didn't log on Thur/Fri cause it rained but the woods smelled of cut lumber. I wondered if this kept the deer away.

Other than the first weekend when my son and I saw about 12 or 13 deer we have not been seeing  deer. He said he has not seen a deer in about 10 days but he doesn't hunt as much as I do.

I have nunted hard and long and just feakin bummed!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

poor timing, things will settle down once they are out of there...

Logging has put the kabosh on my bowhunting for this year. I wish I knew they were going to be there I would have scouted other areas to hunt. Now I'd be guessing to just throw up a stand, I wish I had a climber though! I just keep telling myself what everyone else tells me .......NEXT YEAR NEXT YEAR!

Logging has put the kabosh on my bowhunting for this year. I wish I knew they were going to be there I would have scouted other areas to hunt. Now I'd be guessing to just throw up a stand, I wish I had a climber though! I just keep telling myself what everyone else tells me .......NEXT YEAR NEXT YEAR!

You still have time to check out other areas. No, it's not ideal to have to do such hurried scouting, but the info you learn about a new area right now is actually more current and useful than all the scouting you have done this past summer. This isn't the time to write-off the season. Too much good time left. You never know what you might find elswhere until you actually go and look.

And yes, next year will be a whole lot more organized and planned out and most likely a whole lot more productive. But that doesn't mean that this year can't be salvaged. The very least you will accomplish is to have an opportunity to take a close look at what might turn out to be some new potentially favorite alternative spots.

Doc