Bow hunting turkey?

Peter Otero

Hey all quick question do you need the bow hunting class for turkey & small game? It seems to me that the class is only required for Deer and Bear after reading the class description. I just want to make sure. I'm trying to find a class but not sure if I will get it done before spring turkey!

-Pete

"A bad week in the wood is still better then the best day at work!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is not required for small game or turkey.   found on dec website under bowhunter education.

that would make sense as you obtain a special deer tag with your archery course... although i guess you don't get a special bear tag.

but here you go: http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/32162.html the first paragraph tells you what license you need.

• 1 month later...

I took my bow cert class last year and if i remember correctly i believe you do need it to comply with the "safety regulations" of using a bow... I could be wrong but i think in order to get the tags you need to present your cert in order to get them just like you would your large game tags

• 1 month later...

You do not need bow hunting privilege for small game. To answer your question then, technically no you don't need a bow hunting class. But your in a grey area here. My advice, call them, ask to speak to an officer and be straight a bout it. It doesn't make sense that you could bow hunt without the class being done.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk