WTB any 12 Ga Winchester BR1 Sabot, 1 oz

Otto

Hey all, my cousin is looking for these particular slugs : Winchester BR1 Sabots, 1 oz load. Anyone have a few spares you are willing to sell or trade?  

His Rem 1100 does not care for the Hornaday SST or the Remington Accutips.  All over the board.......

I’m thinking of hitting my spot tomorrow, I’ll check, but looking for specific ammo this close to season ,can be problematic. Last time they had a bunch of slugs/ sabots, but I didn’t give them much of a look .

Accu tips haven’t been made in two years, since Federal bought Remingtons ammo Biz .

IF they have them how many boxes ? We can meet at my hunting spot , right off 5/20 or up at the thurway and 96 ,if that works . If they have any ….

Thanks Larry, he would take at least 5 boxes, up to 10 if they have them.  I realize this is a long shot in the dark at this juncture.  He has other slugs to use, and I have a bunch of Accutips for him too.  He just likes this particular slug.

I did see Accutips in my LGS a few weeks ago.  I was shocked to see them!

• Like 1

I’ve been going to go there anyways . They often have a limit ,I’m not sure of the number .

My buddy has been looking for accutips for two years , (20ga) . This is a good example for guys , he had “ enough “ till he went to shoot, and the grouping was erratic, so he shot more, still erratic. Then he found a broken scope mount , new mount,  more sighting in and now he has some but not enough .

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

I’m thinking of hitting my spot tomorrow, I’ll check, but looking for specific ammo this close to season ,can be problematic. Last time they had a bunch of slugs/ sabots, but I didn’t give them much of a look .

Accu tips haven’t been made in two years, since Federal bought Remingtons ammo Biz .

IF they have them how many boxes ? We can meet at my hunting spot , right off 5/20 or up at the thurway and 96 ,if that works . If they have any ….

Accutips had a batch made by the new owners. We've moved a few cases with new production dates. They are only making runs once every few years now. It's no longer a constant line.

I also can likely more more here before regular season, too.

Edited by phade

Otto, sorry no BrI slugs, they did have Winchester xp copper impact which I passed on . They had slugs and sabots in 12 and 20 ,but the variety is limited ,plus it’s all behind a counter and my old eyes can’t read it at distance, they did though check their “ secrete “stash for,me as well .

I did pick,up some 20ga Ted Nugent sabots, just for the hell of it and a few boxes of 9mm jhp .

Thank you Sir!  I did find one box from another member here so we have a bit for the season.  He was sighting in this gun for his son to use this season.  We were all over the paper and could not find a pattern.  Turns out the screws on the front of the rail were loose.  Five minutes at the gun shop took care of that, plus a free bore sight to get us on paper again.  He is going to try again this weekend.

Thanks again for looking! 

• Like 1

My buddy burned up a bit of his accutips sighting in pre season ,he had a broken scope mount he didn’t realize was the cause of his poor grouping .

Again no,problem ,I don’t need much of a reason to visit a gun shop !