Attending Any Outdoor 3D Shoots?

dbHunterNY

I go to the Blue Mountain 3D course at least a couple of times before September rolls around.  It's never planned this early though.  Summer is long.  It's usually spurt of the moment visits.

Edited by Elmo

• 5 weeks later...

I go to Oxford and Gibertville 3D's and have a great time . The amount of shooters this year is down I think due to still lots of people out of work and the cost of gas.

I think Gibertiville  has a great shoot on father day and also has there Ox roast June 15. They are located off of route 23 take county route 4 south to cope's corner road and go west to gun hill road.info on shoot 607 859 2526 Bob Manwarren

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to be floating around 300 and above. Busy as all heck this summer but still managing to get out to shoots. Had the usual bow league yesterday evening. Ended up with a 306/330. Three targets I messed up and shot scores of 8 on. Anyone else out there shooting?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been shooting at Thrill if the Hunt in Suffolk County. I shoot with a three pin sight set for 20, 30, and 40 yards. With this sight I have to use gap shooting and I am seriously considering getting a HHA sight. Anyone have any experience with it? I like the idea of dialing in the exact yardage but I'm unsure of how practical this is for actual hunting.

I've been shooting at Thrill if the Hunt in Suffolk County. I shoot with a three pin sight set for 20, 30, and 40 yards. With this sight I have to use gap shooting and I am seriously considering getting a HHA sight. Anyone have any experience with it? I like the idea of dialing in the exact yardage but I'm unsure of how practical this is for actual hunting.

the 3D bow (60lb PSE Bowmaddness 3G) I've been using has one on it.  I've always shot fixed pins.  I've setup the bow for both 3D and as a backup hunting bow so I was particular.  i got the HHA with the dial instead of the slider.  i think it's more precise, easier and smoother to adjust, and it'll incur less wear using gears opposed to slider part on part friction.  It has a .010" fiber pin and think it is plenty bright enough but allows me to aim very precise.  I also got the bigger 2" housing and shoot a 1/4" peep.  it allows more light in and fits a more of the animal in the sight window/housing to get you on target quicker.  quiver mounting was a little difficult but Tight spot makes a nice bracket that mounts between the sight and bow riser.  it's got multiple holes to mount your quiver where you need it.

i still like the simplicity of fixed pins.  fixed pins with centering pin guard in peep instead of peep allows you to see the trajectory of your arrow and if you'll hit a branch or something.  however, it's not nearly as precise as dialing in yardage.  if you're in the treestand leave it set for 20 or 25 yards and shoot it, holding a touch low or high to cover many yardages.  if you've got time to dial then do it.

I am in my 8th week of field shoots, we have 2 more to go then we have 3D.  Fun fun fun!

http://suffolkarchers.com/

3D shoot are open to the public, come on down and shoot!  Dates are on the calendar. 

good deal.  it's definitely supposed to be fun and it'll make anyone a better shot with a bow.