doe hunting techniques

lostkause

is there a different technique for hunting does than bucks? I would imagine that the calls and scents dont work as well or even scare them off. I know that before I started using calls and stuff all I would see are does now that I used my buck tag I havent seen anything. would using a buck scent this time of year be a little more effective or would it scare them off. I am always looking for more advice and ways to improve as a hunter so any advice would be welcome and appreciated.

im not sure if there's a method for hunting does specifically, but i did recently read a dirty little trick from a magazine.  Get a fawn distress call and blow on that while on your stand.  The maternal instincts of a doe will cause her to investigate and maybe save the fawn thats in distress.  This technique will work on does that dont have fawns too, but its more effective on moms.  I've never tried this during deer season but I have called in does while coyote hunting so I know it works.  Give it a shot!

That's one of the hunter's Murphy Law...of course you'll see a big buck after you fill a tag.

Just like the bow clanking on a stand rail, or forgetting your release at the truck, or eating those burritos the night before opener...you get it!

At this date, I am going to assume you are talking about gun season. The land that I hunt receives a fair amount of pressure and I don't believe that all the calls and other attractant types of techniques work at all on bucks or does. So I guess once the orange army invades the woods, I don't have any specific differences in techniques. My chief tactic is to simply find the deer (buck or doe) and hope that what I see first is a buck.

Doc