work truck

Red

So today I have 7 large flag poles loaded up on the f550 work truck with a 47foot boom. Bucket I get my first 3 poles installed all around lockport and barker hesd to ransomville start doing another and bam the radiator starts spraying everywhere I finish the job toss 2 jugs of antifreeze in and head on my way I made it a few miles and start in.Lewiston for 4 hrs.until.I could find some one that can tow me the truck weighs 10 ton so a lot of prior told me they couldn't do it then I found a company tow me back to depew for only $340 I think that was a steal. I get dropped.off at the auto shop with the truck then I run and get my f350 work truck to grab the remaining poles I unload them back at the store and the garage door comes off the track and my.car won't start so I had to bring the work truck home. What a hell of a day

DOH!!

That sucks Red............That is one lousy day.  Like you said, $340 doesn't seem bad for that tow.  How old is the boom truck?  How long will it take the shop to fix her up?  Do you have a back up rig?  This is one of the times it's good to NOT be an owner!!

If you don't drink, this is a good enough day to start. :O

I have to go to Youngstown for a small job on Wednesday, thats a pretty good haul for me.

The boom truck.is a 2007 just.hit 100k with 5000 hrs on the engine it got dropped off at three shop at 630 pm they said they have it done tomorrow afternoon I have a f350 with out a boom that I.use to haul concrete around for days when I dig I dug every day last week so I.wouldn't have to.dig this week now it looks . Like I'll be digging tomorrow and I hand dig all of my holes is gonna suck.in that great tomorrow o well lol. Im definitely glad I'm not the owner right now but I do have a ton of customers expecting their poles to be done by Thursday afternoon so I'll be working dime late days. Youngstown is is a good haul. Its very pretty there. I'm heading up to freedonia in the morning I sure hope the digging is ready there

Cabelas called on friday and said they changed their mind they don't want 4 poles they only.want 3 so.we have to quote them a price and I'll be removing one of the 44 foot poles it's going to look hidious with 2 49 foot poles then a 44 foot pole ask the way on the right hand side

Cabelas called on friday and said they changed their mind they don't want 4 poles they only.want 3 so.we have to quote them a price and I'll be removing one of the 44 foot poles it's going to look hidious with 2 49 foot poles then a 44 foot pole ask the way on the right hand side

WTF!

You have to be kidding?  That is bizarre..................I wonder who made those decisions??  How much of a project is it to remove the new one???

I'm going to have to get a crane guy to come in and yank it out of there it's such.a waste of time and money I wish I had the time to.go and talk to the gc at the site I.think I would be able to talk him into keeping it is n in the middle of the side walk that leads into the site they will have to redo the side walk if I remove the pole

I'm 33 years old with arthritis in my shoulders hands and knees but it only hurts when I'm not working when I'm working I usually feel pretty good I enjoy doing this kind of work Because I.work by myself and work in a different location every day plus it helps me stay some what I'm shape

• Like 2