Red dot on a slug gun

Borngeechee

Good topic I was also considering using a red dot on my .44 mag ruger deerfield and my Rem.870 slug gun. My thinking was with my ruger carbine I wouldn't be shooting over 100 yards and target acquisition would be quicker since I only carry it when I'm planning on walking. I have an old tasco 1.75-5x scope on the shotgun that works great even though it's cheap

Good topic I was also considering using a red dot on my .44 mag ruger deerfield and my Rem.870 slug gun. My thinking was with my ruger carbine I wouldn't be shooting over 100 yards and target acquisition would be quicker since I only carry it when I'm planning on walking. I have an old tasco 1.75-5x scope on the shotgun that works great even though it's cheap

A good red dot on a 44 carbine is lethal. It's a toss up between that and my 270 for deer. Still debating which one. I'll know better once I scout and choose my hunting spot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got an Aimpoint on my Winny 1300. Some military grade thing my nephew gave me. Dang battery lasts for years. Maybe I should replace it this year so it doesn't fail at the worst possible time. Love it. 

shot it at 54 yards other day to make sure it was on and didn't get bumped in the safe. 2 touching holes 3/4" high. Love the red dot