Anyone have a bad Trail Cam?

JFB

I'm looking for a non working trail camera or two if anyone is willing to donate. It will be used to catch trespassers vandalizing stands and stealing camera's.  

Ideal would be within a half hour drive of Rochester, or I'd send you money for shipping. Thanks! 

I pulled mine and it is chicken chow mien............you want it, you got it.  PM me your addy.

It was mine 2008 vintage Scoutguard 550.  I don't know WTH happened to it.  Last weekend I pulled the card and there was nothing on it.  I thought it might be the batteries so changed them out, 8 old out 8 new in.

When I R&R them I noticed what appeared to be a little moisture on the slide out cover.  I thought maybe a little rain worked its way in somehow.  Yesterday I wanted to see if I had any pics and lo and behold the card was difficult to get out.  It came out but things seemed odd.  I untied the camera from the tree and flipped it over and the batteries looked messed up with corrosion.  Damn........

Well, upon closer investigation I saw much corrosion up in the base of the camera.  I'll snap a pic and show you.  The thing is, the power light still came on but there was no pics.  Then today I used rubber gloves to pull the batteries and card out and the batteries were 99% dead when checked with a AA Mag Light. 

Thankfully the SD card is still good!

Hang on a second........I popped the back off the camera and have decided to (I know it is a long shot) try and clean up the corrosion and try it again.  Worst case scenario I trash 8 MORE batteries.

I took a small metal plate off the back of the battery compartment and flipped it over exposing the clean side.  I had to Gorilla Glue it back on and am waiting on the glue to dry.

I have serious doubts  but since the Bills game sucked so bad I had nothing better to do.  We'll see..............