Crunchy Crunch - dry leaves

genesee_mohican

It sure is a challenge trying to sneak through the woods with the leaves being so dry and no wind. I'm slowing it down to a crawl on the way into my stand but dang. Of course once on stand you can hear a deer (or a chipmunk) walking about 300 yards away. I'm looking forward to a day after a nice night time rain.  Just sayin'

By now all my trails 2miles of them are mowed and raked...not this year! and I am not happy...lol

but all my walking is at a crawl so not too bad...I am now moving to the shuffle and stop...pull down a branch, shuffle ect ect....it works a bit better than trying to be sneaky.

Are any of the trails mowable with a rider? A riding lawnmower can move a lot of weeds, leaves and small twigs without a single step. You could do an awful lot of trails in just one day, if they are stump and rock free.

• Like 1

Yes doc I have about a third of it mow-able and then rake and use the DR mower...but now the DR being 60 #'s is a no no as well as the hand raking...not suppose to be weight bearing that long No twisting and turning... what a difference it makes...you forget just how noisy it is in the dark wee hours of the morning...lol but my trick of sounding like possum, raccoon and or skunk works pretty well ...

A DR Trimmer is not an easy thing to use except under ideal, flat, and non-bumpy conditions. I have a lot of area up and down our 1000' driveway that can only be cut with the DR Trimmer, and I know what kind of effort that thing can require. My legs and back are always shot when I have to do that job.

No, when I suggested mowing, I was thinking of a nice riding lawn mower. Great item for blowing leaves when it can be used.