Fuel Can Woes

airedale

Fueling up my equipment has been a pain in the ass with the new so-called safety spouts on fuel cans these days. My tractor's tanks are up high and holding and emptying the containers out with those lousy spouts sucks. A friend of mine showed me a little battery powered pump he uses to transfer fuel and I fell in love. These things work great and save a lot of aggravation if you have a lot of equipment to refuel. Just stick the hose into your container, screw on the cap and press a button. No mess, no fuss, no aching back.

Al

2023-09-30_071338.png

• Like 2

I bought this pump that came as a 2 pack special for $20 that runs on 3 AA batteries. One of those late nite infomercials on  TV .  :lol:

To my surprise the stupid thing works great ! Its not a speed demon , but it pumps about 2gpm . I use it mostly to pump the old gas out of the ATVs when they are done for the hunting season and use the gas in the snow blower, leaf blowers , generator , skimobiles , or wherever is needed . I only use 2-2 1/2 gal  gas cans so its easier to put gas in those tanks . The only one I fill with a 5gal can is the generator with a big funnel so I can just pour it in.

Aturbo.JPG

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, luckyhook said:

what  brand?

Amazon has several models of this make, I have the one pictured. Speaking of fuel I have to fill up the old DR Brush mower and knock down some growth this morning.

Al

Deway Automatic Fuel Transfer Pump with Auto-Stop, AA Battery Powered, Advanced Adapter Fits All Size Cans, Extra Long Hose, Portable Liquid Pump for Gasoline, Diesel Fuel & MoreDeway Automatic Fuel Transfer Pump with Auto-Stop, AA Battery Powered, Advanced Adapter Fits All Size Cans, Extra Long Hose, Portable Liquid Pump

Edited by airedale