Deer heart 2023

Just finished making my first pickled deer heart of this season.  Got hooked on Wolc’s recipe last year and was excited to use it again this year.  The only change I made was adding a pinch of ground dry black pearl pepper from our garden.  Hot hot hot so only needs a pinch! 

PS- Big mistake rubbing my nose before washing my hands.  Yikes!!! 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, TACC said:

Show us some pictures

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I climbed out of bed to go take a picture.  Lol  There was too much for a quart jar so I split into a quart and a pint jar. That’s why in this picture it does not go to the top. It was tough getting a picture that actually looks like much but here goes.  I guarantee the taste of this will far exceed the look of the picture.  

737D2D5A-B009-417A-9DC3-7E2960BE8EAF.jpeg

• Like 1

That looks good.  Ive got to wait until Valentine’s Day to eat any myself, because my wife only makes it once a year.  Hopefully, I will have a few more hearts, to add to the two in the freezer now, by then.  

I wasn’t able to get any more during my last (9) days of ML and rifle deer hunting up north.  I Hope to be able to add up to (5) more to the batch between November 4 and January 1.  

• Like 1