Big body!

This broken rack buck has some serious heft in his size. His right side of his rack is busted off, and even with it intact it’s not all that impressive. But, I’m not sure if he’s an old buck going downhill with his rack, or just a young big ass body buck not yet there with his rack.  Looking at his deep chest and sway in his back, I’m really leaning towards him being old and  past his  prime. 

With as little pressure as my land gets, I know there are deer who easily could drop dead of old age if they just stay put on my property. He may fall in that category.  

4C386374-C254-458D-9DBA-BBF4C68FB903.jpeg

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, New York Hillbilly said:

This broken rack buck has some serious heft in his size. His right side of his rack is busted off, and even with it intact it’s not all that impressive. But, I’m not sure if he’s an old buck going downhill with his rack, or just a young big ass body buck not yet there with his rack.  Looking at his deep chest and sway in his back, I’m really leaning towards him being old and  past his  prime. 

With as little pressure as my land gets, I know there are deer who easily could drop dead of old age if they just stay put on my property. He may fall in that category.  

4C386374-C254-458D-9DBA-BBF4C68FB903.jpeg

I would guess older and would let someone take him out that’s just looking to make meat. Personally I would not shoot him even if both sides were there but I would allow him to be hunted to make room and more food for a young up and comer.            He is a beast no doubt.  

• Like 1