messed up and jumped a monster

aqua750

well saturday morning I was out doing a little scouting around on my property and let my guard down,I was busy looking at some huge fresh rubs that were brand new instead of looking were I was walking, dumb amateur move but I couldn't believe the size of the trees that he was beating up (some 8-10 in diameter I never saw anything even close to this) when I got near  a big brush pile I heard some movement in the leaves I looked up In time to watch the biggest 10 pointer I ever saw  (and I have a 140 class taken in tomkins county hanging in the cabin) trying to sneak away but I got a pretty good look at him. All I can say I at least I didn't scare the daylights out of him so I think I may have a chance to take him In November since nobody bow hunts in the area!!!   I haven't been this excited  In a long time , I put out 4 trail cams and set up some licking branches and mock scrapes along  the side of his rub line to piss him off  I cant wait, now I just have to give him a lot of space and keep my fingers crossed!!!!

• Like 2

If you bow hunt, I would not wait until Nov. to take a crack at him. You know where he was bedded and at least one escape route. Set up on that bed with the right wind and access soon. Good luck.

+1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have set right up where I jumped him especially during early bow season. Spooking him once mostly likely would not make him move. I jumped a really nice buck several years ago during gun seasons in this small patch of woods. It was about a week later the wind was perfect, so I walked that same woods again, but this time instead up just slowly running off, he snorted at me and that gave me the couple seconds I needed to pick him up and shoot him before he took off. He ended up be a awesome 14 point. The only wrong way to hunt this deer is not by being in the woods.

• Like 3