Beretta BRX1

Someone is always looking to build a better mouse trap, Beretta is making another attempt to market a straight pull bolt action rifle, one can be yours for around $1600.00. Savage brought one out a few years ago and it seems to have fallen by the wayside, if they were smart they should have reintroduced the Model 99 lever action instead in some modern cartridges like 6.5 Creedmoor and 7mm-08.

Will have to see how Beretta's move pans out over the long haul, to each their own, but for me it lacks appeal.

Al

2023-12-29_091211.png

Edited by airedale

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

I agree.  Don't think the US market is too keen on straight pull actions.  Ambidextrous ability is something lefties might like though.

Blaser sold more strait pull R8's in the US then the prior R93 did for its entire 15year production run worldwide.(100K). So a few folks like strait pull.

This is being marketed as alternative in fixed barrel dedicated chamber for driven hunts to compete with other manufacturers. So I also don't see it gain much traction here.

Personally I love my Blaser and interchangeable barrels and with amazing scope mounting its well worth the price for a travel gun.