Winter Practice

Doc

The target in the basement is catching hell now. I have a 15 yard shot from one end of the basement to the other. Keeps the muscles and the techniques sharp for next year.

Anyone else have indoor facilities for this time of year?

11 yards is plenty good for keeping the muscles toned up, and the techniques sharp. What I have done is that I have created a target on an 8-1/2 sheet of paper that has 4 different small 1" spots on it to avoid smashing arrows into each other. Shorter distance = smaller targets.....lol. It works good.

Avon Bowmen used to run winter indoor leagues in an old building in Caledonia. I don't know if they are still doing any indoor competitions, but that was really fun. It got to be pretty nasty trying top drive that far (35 miles one-way) during the winter, so I had to quit. but it was fun for the years that I could put up with the drive. Perhaps some members here have access to indoor facilities that they can use.

17 hours ago, farmer 52 said:

Indoor,Thursday nights 6:30 ,Allied Sportsman club Clinton St.Alden $10

Sounds like fun, but a little too far from home for me. I wish it were closer, I would consider it.

I do not do any archery shooting during the winter, it has always been a fair weather activity for me. I do quite a bit of firearm shooting during the winter months, I have a shack with a window facing my range targets to keep out of the weather.

Al

• Like 1

4 hours ago, airedale said:

I do not do any archery shooting during the winter, it has always been a fair weather activity for me. I do quite a bit of firearm shooting during the winter months, I have a shack with a window facing my range targets to keep out of the weather.

Al

That sounds like a lot of fun too. I was always going to build a "shooting shack" out behind the house. haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe I will get to it next summer.

• Like 1