Bushwacking

Hunter716

So I was just wondering everyone's opinion on bushwacking with a bow? Where I normally hunt we have decent trails going to treestands, so it's never really been and issue. But recently I went to some state land with a friend just for gigs and at times i was going through some pretty thick stuff. Obviously I was protecting my bow/slights the best i could while going through... But I guess I'm just wondering in a situation like that, do u guys tend to be influenced by the easiest path bc u have a bow, rather then the direction u wanted to go regardless of thickness?

I try to follow trails as often as possible most of the time they lead me in the direction I want to go at some point.  Otherwise if I have to go through thick stuff I will put my arrow away and try to protect the bow, usually overhead.  Tough hunting early season with so much foliage still up.  

Yeah. That's kind of what I was thinking. With my gun, I'll go through whatever, but my bow, specially with it being new I guess I was just kinda being cautions about it. ( string,sights,cam etc.) But I keep my string waxed and protect my bow the best I can. That's all u can really do I guess. I shot it when I got home and everything seemed good to me, so whatever.... Thanks