On 7/27/2024 at 6:35 PM, New York Hillbilly said:

A few questions. Do you hunt the same place each time? How long do you usually need to wait until there is action? And, do they ever catch on that there is something far more deadly than a cat or owl out there after them, and stop showing up?

I hunt in my backyard most of the time and my brothers place near Delhi.

I don't go out till 10 pm most nights and it's pretty quiet except for the neighbors central A/C's cycling on and off, which makes good cover noise.

Sometime it's fast paced action from the get go and sometimes I don't see anything.

If I don't see any movement in a half hour, I go back inside and let the mosquitoes chew on something else.

If i don't see anything for a couple of day's, I'll set some bait out in an area my dog can't get to.

Rat's are more alert than mice are and I have a viewing spot that's in the shadows for that reason.

Most of the time the Mus don't get a second chance, so they don't get to spread the word about me.

I see owl's, cat's and my Fox buddy pay's a visit every once and awhile too.

The more the merrier.

SJC

This Mus would only come out after midnight and my schedule made it impossible for me to get a crack at it.

This Mus didn't get the memo that I wasn't working the same schedule this week.

SJC

Posted (edited)

Pumped the pressure in the PCP rifle too high and this is the result of not having a pressure regulated rifle.

If I keep it around 1,200 psi it stacks them.

SJC

Edited by Shoots100

Posted (edited)

I would say that I get a shot at a mus once out of every five sightings.

This is an example of the antics they put me through nightly.

Most of the time I need to get off the rifle and reacquire them with the thermal spotter once they get out of the scopes narrow FOV.

SJC

Edited by Shoots100
  • Like 1