Deer down.

HuntOrBeHunted

Shot a button buck before sunfall today. The deer walked out at the farthest point possible maybe a litte more than 200 yards out. I couldn't tell at that point it was a button buck it was on the move as soon as it stopped the first time I shot and got em down.

Good part is I have meat in the freezer. I won't call it bad part but im not a huge fan of shooting button bucks myself.

Good luck everyone !!!

• Like 4

Congrats on the deer. I'll fess up and admit I also shot a button years ago thinking it was a doe. I've now learned to notice the block head and that a solo deer has a good chance of being a button vs a solo doe. Backstraps on the skillet today ?

Thanks. I literally threw them on the grill as I cut and cleaned them off lol, it was great. And at closer distance with differsent settings I would have been able to tell better. It was a super fast shot I kinda saw em poke out then dart across the feild first time he stopped he dropped.