VIDEO: Deer Decoy Bow Hunt In Multi-View

TheFieldArcher

Clearly made by the makers of the scents and decoy...Not saying it doesn't work, but I've seen many deer spoke from decoys.

not to mention eat corn........

I am not with Tink's, I am actually trying this for the first time and I put the scent out to see what would happen if a buck came in (I already filled my fall buck tag) and if a doe presented a shot, I wanted to make another donation to NJ's Hunters Helping The Hungry. Where the video was taken is not where my target buck is... I will be out with the decoy trying for my target buck tomorrow as extended season just opened with a new buck tag!

Video is for anyone thinking about using a deer decoy.

first let me say I enjoy your videos and posts...but in this one, it appears that the deer are as much interested in the decoy as they are disinterested.....is this a spot where they usually feel comfortable and the introduction of the decoy is secondary to their comfort zone?, or did the decoy and scent actually play a part in bringing them in?..once again nice job videoing it, but if the deer are already accustomed to feeding here for one reason or another, I think it's best to say that the decoy doesn't scare them off...not so much lure them in. 

• Like 1

first let me say I enjoy your videos and posts...but in this one, it appears that the deer are as much interested in the decoy as they are disinterested.....is this a spot where they usually feel comfortable and the introduction of the decoy is secondary to their comfort zone?, or did the decoy and scent actually play a part in bringing them in?..once again nice job videoing it, but if the deer are already accustomed to feeding here for one reason or another, I think it's best to say that the decoy doesn't scare them off...not so much lure them in. 

The decoy did not bring them in, it is legal to bait in NJ... but a food plot serves the same purpose and I think you will get the same results with a decoy in a food plot, the attention is on the decoy and their curiosity gets them moving around it slowly giving the hunter different angles... but I only hunted with it 2 times in 1 location.

So far it is working well and I will be hunting my target buck with it starting tomorrow... a number of bucks in this spot so I hope to get some footage with it and get more experience and information for those interested. I was also thinking to mount a GoPro on the decoy... don't mind me, I had 4 cameras going in this video... I had 5 going when I shot my #2 target buck and I am just thinking how to make taking my #1 target buck a little better than the last if the chance presents itself.