Traditional Bow experiment with site pin

phantom

So I decided to experiment with my traditional bow and added an old sight pin I had, thinking it might help me shoot better. But nope, it actually didn’t. I don’t know why, but just lining up the tip of the arrow and using the riser for elevation gets me bullseyes, while looking at the sight pin doesn’t help as much. I think it would work if I used a peep sight on the string, but I see some guys using just a pin sight without it on traditional bows. It’s just not for me.

I mean, if I use the pin just for elevation and look down the arrow, it works. But I have to remember to do that, as it makes me want to shoot it like a compound bow and just use the sight pin. For some reason, that throws me off a little.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

So I decided to experiment with my traditional bow and added an old sight pin I had, thinking it might help me shoot better. But nope, it actually didn’t. I don’t know why, but just lining up the tip of the arrow and using the riser for elevation gets me bullseyes, while looking at the sight pin doesn’t help as much. I think it would work if I used a peep sight on the string, but I see some guys using just a pin sight without it on traditional bows. It’s just not for me.

I mean, if I use the pin just for elevation and look down the arrow, it works. But I have to remember to do that, as it makes me want to shoot it like a compound bow and just use the sight pin. For some reason, that throws me off a little.  

20240914_111140.jpg

Just now, phantom said:

20240914_111140.jpg

I just kept getting to many  flyers with the site pin go figure  its like a distraction the pins . I guess once your use to shooting with out them for years  takes time to get use to a different way of shooting .

• Like 1

It sounds like you have developed a form of instinctive shooting that works for you without all the clap-trap of sights and such. All I can say is "Don't mess with success". Stay with what is working for you.

• Like 1