It's over

Hoyt 300

For me Bowseason has ended, I'm staying in today preparing for the invasion of the ORANGE ARMY. Gun season opens at daylight tomorrow.
It was a very good Bow season here. I logged 180 hrs in the woods. With all my other commitments I squizzed every available hour on stand.
2 mature Doe and a big 4 pt. Enough Venison to keep us happy for a year. The excitement of getting a shootable Deer in Bow range is heart pounding, Shaking, Breath taking.
Now for Gun season, No more peac...e and solitude. It is replaced with old friends, Gunshots all around and taking aim out to 100 yards.Between the 4 of us we have 4 Buck tags and 9 Doe tags.
I need 2 more Deer to feed Jay and Christy and my Grandsons, And then theres Matt, Living in a house in Geneseo with 7 other runners.Any Deer over that will be donated to Feed the hungary.
To the Hunters Be Safe, Hunt smart, Have Fun, Remember thats what it's all about.

• Like 1

Is never over,just another page in the book !

I know what you mean though,I pretty much stopped last Wed. And I'm off work till Monday night. To much other stuff going on.

My gun season can be somewhat like bow as we limit large tracks of land to few hunters,no walking,drives and so forth.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Yep didn't get what I wanted but the 6pt is feeding someone ...I had a great last day with an awesome stalk and lots of sightings...could have gotten her done with a doe this a.m. but bow malfunctioned  I thought I'd fixed...not so much,,,and she walked blissfully ignorant as to how close she came to a double lung piercing...had a great day and darn good season concidering my injury

• Like 1

I hunted every weekend of bow recruit for the first weekend in November abd I hunted today I seen 2 deer a few weeks ago I let them both walk and i seen 2 bear the first 2 weekends I didn't see not one squirrel on the state land this season not even one what a crappy season maybe tomorrow morning will be my time lol