PA Rifle Deer Dec 1st

Freytown

Who's crossing over to Pennsy tomorrow?  Good luck to those that pay a visit. I have a lot of snow on the ground for the opener. This will make things super quiet, so eye's in the back of your head will help tomorrow. Well it sure will let a few sneak by and that's a good thing too.i

I just watch the best trails from past experiences and if a few sneak behind me...so be it. Two opening days...I'm in heaven (and I got a few doe tags to boot), lol. Be safe. FT

Edited by Freytown

I'll be hunting in the morning near Nelson in Tioga County..The property I hunt there is about a half hour drive from my home here in Steuben Co.

I had breakfast with Lawdwaz and his buddy Dave this morning on thier way to the border..They will be hunting near Tioga.

I have two antlerless permits, a buck tag and BLOOD in my eye....

I haven't fired my rifle since opening day of NY and my trigger finger is getting itchy.

I'll be hunting in the morning near Nelson in Tioga County..The property I hunt there is about a half hour drive from my home here in Steuben Co.

I had breakfast with Lawdwaz and his buddy Dave this morning on thier way to the border..They will be hunting near Tioga.

I have two antlerless permits, a buck tag and BLOOD in my eye....

I haven't fired my rifle since opening day of NY and my trigger finger is getting itchy.

and if you don't get a deer, try some Visine..that'll get the red out.

• Like 1

Wish they allowed sunday hunting. Between no sunday and a monday opener I never would have a chance to hunt more than a day in a row

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biz, the problem is with PA state officials' not the PGC. The Pa Farm Bureau is the real reason...they don't want it. Listen, non residents can voice their opinion too. If more folks would ask for Sunday hunting, it will happen.

Good luck today....stay safe.

Edited by Freytown
  • Like 2

Stood on stand from 6:30 am to 4:30 PM..Saw 3 deer, two bambis and one nice buck that I could have killed easily, except I hesitated to count points, and missed my opportunity..Should have shot him..His beams spread well out beyond his ears, but I wanted to be sure he was legal...Size of his rack he was probably a nice 8.

Went out to a hayfield just before dark, to wait for my buddies..

Two nice does came out at about 225 yards..I shot the bigger one..

Nice double lunger with my 7mm08 and 120 grain Barnes Tsx handloads.. No meat loss..

Wow Freytown, you guys got some snow yesterday afternoon!  I bet all the white stuff was gone for Monday morning though........man did it warm up Sunday night!

I hunted in the area of Gee Rd & Ridge Rd and didn't see much.  I couldn't even kill a doe...................saw a few illegal bucks but only one I could have killed.  The rest were 500yds, or more.