Dutchess County NY

Dom

Enjoying the crow hunting. Going out this weekend again. Also going to start coyote hunting a lot more till the end of season. Been way to lazy to get out coyote hunting. I've seen pheasant roaming the roads by me but no takers want to fly in front of me. 

wow.  from what i have heard grouse are basically non existent here in dutchess.  thats just from the research i have done.  i never specifically targeted them because i really didn't think it was worth it.  seems like you got a honey hole.  congrats.

just bought an e-caller.  haven't been out yet with it, but planning on going soon for some predators.

There are still grouse in Dutchess .... I know one spot in eastern Dutchess that still has some........ I used to be guaranteed to put up a few up until 2000/2001....... now very much limited to the higher areas, often Rhododendrons and thickets near power lines...... one "abstract" observation I've seen is once dirt roads in grouse areas are paved......grouse are gone within a year or two...... They won't do well in even prime habitat if there isn't other habitat nearby. Putnam was quite good also.......