Bushnell Buyers Beware

88GW

I've had great support from company's standing behind their products even when it was my fault, Ruger to be exact.....that's just bad business, especially for the price of an $80 scope.

Rugar warrantees all of their firearms for the life of the firearm regardless of where you bought it. (Leupold has a similar warrantee policy)

I once bulged the barrel very slightly a few inches in front of the cylinder on my Rugar Old rmy percussionn revolver. I had a pretty good idea how it happened.

I called them & told them i had bought the gun used. They said it didn't matter where, when or how I bought it. It was warranteed for "life". They instructed me to send it in for evaluation. I also wanted the cylinder rebleued, & the grip frame repaired where the top left screw boss was cracked & was willing to pay for it.

I sent it in & sure enough they determined that it was due to a slight barrel obstruction that ca,sed a momentary spike in pressure, (wax & cormeal filler) so the bill was on me. (rightfully so)They replaced the barrel, (which also required rebluing the frame)reblued the cylinder, reparied & re-anodized the grip frame (sent loose in the box) & the gun had a brand new grip frame installed.

So, they essentialy installed a new barrel, repaired the broken grip frame, re-finished the entire pistol, installed a new grip frame & returned the weapon with a bill for a whopping $65. Now this was probably close to 30 years ago, but still, that's a lot of work for $65 even in mid '80s dollars.

Bear in mind that they weren't obligated in any way to perform any of the work. I was very pleased W/the service I received & thought the price would have been resonable @ 2X the $65 they charged me.

Edited by wildcat junkie

I've had great support from company's standing behind their products even when it was my fault, Ruger to be exact.....that's just bad business, especially for the price of an $80 scope.

Agree 100%.

I have a vari-x II on my .308 and will be getting another.  No worries from Leupold if anything goes wrong.