Senator Pat Gallivan & Safe act repeal/ reform

Just saw this on Facebook,  Senator Patrick Gallivan (Elma, NY) is sponsoring  7 Senate bills that would amend , reform or repeal the NY safe act.  Bills # S-3373 -  S-3379.   He is also the co- sponsor of 6 other bills to do the same.  I for one will be in touch with his office to show him my support.  Hope others here do also.

• Like 1

He is also the co- sponsor of 6 other bills to do the same.  I for one will be in touch with his office to show him my support.  Hope others here do also.

Thanks for posting this, and maybe you know this, but for the many who are confused:

It is more important to contact the office of other lawmakers to show support for good legislation than the sponsor(s) of it. No need to sell a lawmaker on his own initiative, its the naysayers that need to be persuaded. A "thank you" to the sponsor(s) is in order, but that is a lower priority. Few hunters will write as many letters as it takes, and if someone is only willing to do so much, the effort should be where it counts....

And don't let anyone convince you contacting lawmakers does not influence policy, because it does! Same goes fro contacting the DEC on conservation-related matters and/or participating in stakeholder input periods...