11-87 project

You might want to think about getting a muzzle loader, now a days they are accurate past 150 yards once you find the right combo. Not to mention you get extra time in the field with the added seasons

I have a CVA optima pro and have used it before during regular gun season. I like the reassurance of knowing there is a chance for a quick follow up shot. I have a 870 pump which has done the trick. I inherited the 11-87 and ended up buying a rifled barrel last weekend at the local gun shop for $150 plus tax. Just a fun little project.  I also hunt Cortland County a lot as well and that is rifle. 

Next on the list is a timney trigger kit, some glass, and should be ready to roll for next gun season.

• Like 1

I got lucky and picked up a used " practically new" mossberg 500 20ga fully rifle slug gun with the cantilever mount and a fixed power scope at cabelas for 300 bucks... As stated above very accurate up to 100 haven't tested it past that yet but it does like the hornady sst's also ... Great gun! Very light too, can't wait to give we a whirl next season... Prior to that a traveled to a rifle county or just used my stoeger smooth bore ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got lucky and picked up a used " practically new" mossberg 500 20ga fully rifle slug gun with the cantilever mount and a fixed power scope at cabelas for 300 bucks... As stated above very accurate up to 100 haven't tested it past that yet but it does like the hornady sst's also ... Great gun! Very light too, can't wait to give we a whirl next season... Prior to that a traveled to a rifle county or just used my stoeger smooth bore ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just sold same gun...but use a 12 g rifled mossy 500 and love it and it too loves the sst....150 yrd gun all day
  • Like 1