Just a random picture I came across.

First-light

You break your butt through life and hopefully have something to show for it in the end. I have had my cabin for 8 years now and so many memories have been made up there, it is truly priceless. This is a picture of my brother with his grandson glassing deer in my back field. This picture is worth a thousand words and makes it all worth it!!!

post-156-0-39926400-1428289211_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Now that we are digital, I have been looking at all those piles of carousels full of slides that I took over the decades. So the other day, I began a project to sort through all the slides and decide which ones that I wanted to pay the big bucks to have converted to digital. So I had to go through each carousel to determine whether or not they were worth the $.80 each to convert or not. We have been digital for a long time, so I have not viewed those slides for a long time. I was amazed at some of the priceless family pictures that I had. Many of the people are gone now, and of course those pictures of the kids are fascinating to look at. Little bity kids with snowsuits and such are now huge grown men and mature ladies now. Irreplaceable memories. Pictures of huge brush-piles and monstrous bon-fires from back when we hand cleared 1000' of driveway by hand (no chainsaw), and there are these little kids and this baby-faced guy and my wife all pitching in and helping. Camping vacations, and family gatherings all preserved in film are now at my fingertips on the computer. I'll be making up some individual folders of special pics to email to friends and relatives who have special interests in some of the subjects of these pics.

Yeah the money I spent updating those pics to digital was well worth it. Those memories from years and years ago are easily available now and also refreshed in my mind.

• Like 1