Hunting in PA

Five Seasons

What is tough to accept is that he can't seem to get any law enforcement to respond. I realize that this may not exactly be the most high profile complaint that they will be receiving all season, but what the heck .... there are laws against hunter harassment, and they have a complaint.

I would have called right from the stand when that jerk was walking by honking his horn so the PGC person on the other end could hear the action. What a zoo.

On high pressure land,that's what you get when you set up 50 yards from a road! Get yourself off the beaten path into a more inaccessible spot  of the area. And you will see less of other hunters and most likely,more deer. After 14 years of the same crap,I would change the way I did things. Not hope other hunters would do things differently. I am in no way sticking up for those dinks that keep messing up his hunts. I would have called DEC the first time horn blower pulled that crap. Not keep going through the same thing year after year. 

We as hunters have no control over what other hunters do,on pressured land.So if something is not working out for you,it's up to YOU to make the change in how to have a better hunting experience.

What is tough to accept is that he can't seem to get any law enforcement to respond. I realize that this may not exactly be the most high profile complaint that they will be receiving all season, but what the heck .... there are laws against hunter harassment, and they have a complaint.

I would have called right from the stand when that jerk was walking by honking his horn so the PGC person on the other end could hear the action. What a zoo.

It's sad that the fines and penalties are so small. Same with our poaching laws, they're smaller than most speeding tickets, but I agree.

On high pressure land,that's what you get when you set up 50 yards from a road! Get yourself off the beaten path into a more inaccessible spot  of the area. And you will see less of other hunters and most likely,more deer. After 14 years of the same crap,I would change the way I did things. Not hope other hunters would do things differently. I am in no way sticking up for those dinks that keep messing up his hunts. I would have called DEC the first time horn blower pulled that crap. Not keep going through the same thing year after year. 

We as hunters have no control over what other hunters do,on pressured land.So if something is not working out for you,it's up to YOU to make the change in how to have a better hunting experience.

I hear you, but legally he's allowed to hunt there and should be able to do so in peace. I used to hunt a small 5 acre spot. had great action but I'd deal with the lawnmowers and barking dogs. That's par for the course, but not someone blowing an air horn. If he leaves, the anti's win.

And, if you work weekdays, as most do, you only have one day in Pa because Sunday hunting is prohibited for 99% of the game. That restriction increases the payoff for people who chose to harass hunters and decreases the likelihood they will get caught.

The video, however, is not only showing hunter harassment, it is also showing hunters trespassing and being discourteous or just plain dumb. 

Another thing, hunting is a lonely activity. Half of the people that hunt like to gab, I am not so sure those people are really cut out for hunting. Sometimes people will come up to you like that seemingly unaware of any wrong doing.

......but I'd deal with the lawnmowers and barking dogs. That's par for the course, but not someone blowing an air horn. If he leaves, the anti's win.

My first thought was, why would you continue to hunt there year after year and put up with the abuse. My second thought was that if the guy cut and ran, these clowns would have been successful in doing the illegal harassment activities. That's no good either. He needs to be a little more aggressive in making the DEC enforce the hunter harassment laws or these idiots will just continue to be emboldened and successful in eliminating perfectly legal hunting activity.

• Like 1

him posting the video to social media and deer and deerhunting picking it up helps. With all the outrage over safari hunting going through the internet, it can also be used to shed light on d-bag citizens breaking the law. It might not get as much attention, but shedding light on the problem often helps promote stricter enforcement. Politicians don't like to look bad...