Suffolk County Bowhunt

mbucks27

My brother and I are going to out to hunt some private land by rocky point this weekend.  We will be taking turns hunting and filming and with any luck we will be able to take a nice buck or doe on film. The land owner got trail cam pics of two nice bucks in the last few days so hopefully they will still be around.  Weather looks good so hopefully the deer will be moving. If we get one down ill post the hunt here for you guys to see. Good luck to anybody else that will be out hunting this weekend.

John

In the stand now.  Got up a two stands before light so we could film.  already saw 9 deer 7 does and 2 others dont know what they were.  im filming first so hopefully my brother takes one down so i can hunt the rest of the weekend :).  Good luck to everyone thats out!!!

John

It was def cold out this weekend and we stayed out most of the day on Sat and Sunday.  We saw about 11 deer on Sat morning and one looked like a nice buck but nothing came in close enough. After the hunt on Saturday morning we setup our stands so we could be in position for Sunday morning where all the deer were moving through but on Sunday as we were walking in the deer were already in there and we scared them out and that was it. There was nothing moving by our stands both afternoons.  Either way it was a good weekend to be in the woods.  Anybody else have any luck this weekend out on the Island?

John

i got out sunday morning for a hunt. nice and cold leaves were VERY loud. i got near my stand in the dark and prob blew about 10 deer out of there! it was like a stampede all around me lol. at first light at had 2 spike horns come in together at 30 yards. that was it. im looking to get in there again soon!

I know what you mean the leaves were real loud walking in in the moring from being frozen.  Im going back out Friday morning and then im off from work the week after christmas so ill be back out for a few days then.  Good luck if you get back out!!

John

I had the same thing happen deer all spliting from frozen leaves sunday morning you just heard them running they must be heading back in to bed early.  Ill be back out weds am before i have to go register at ridge for jan. last i checked they said snow so it might be good it might be bad.

Yea im going back out Friday morning. After that i have to do the spend time with the family for the holidays and i have a party for my father on Sunday.  Im off from work the week after and i plan to get out as much as possible and try to take a nice one before the bow season ends. What about you???

John

Same here... Wifes giving me a hard time about sneaking out and do a few hunts before the season is over. I did hunt alot this year so i cant argue tomuch but i do want to sneak out again and try to get something bigger then my 8 i got or atleast take a doe or 2. i dont need the meat, i have 3 deer in the freezer but i have tags left over so i want to see if i can donate something this year...

good luck, keep me posted!

Went out this morning.  Roads werent to bad but as i was pulling into my hunting spot i saw that the plows only plowed half of the road and then left a 5 ft pile blocking off the way into my spot.  I really wanted to get into the woods so i got out and sholved a path to get my car through lol. I was able to get around the pile and as i was pulling up to my spot there was a big 8 pt standing on the side of the road.  Was the only deer i saw all morning but i found a spot loaded with tracks and ill be back in there tommorow for an all day hunt. I was planning on staying all day today but i didnt sleep well last night and i felt like crap this morning.  Snow was real deep in some spots but not bad in others.  Now that i know where i want to setup tomorrow shouldnt be too bad.   

John

Hunted tonight on some private property.  Got in at 1:30 and had deer in front of me from then until i climbed down at 4:45 15 does and fawns but no bucks.  Place is loaded with deer. Tomorrow i'm going back with my brother to try and get a kill on film before the season ends.  Good luck to anybody going out tomorrow for the last day.  cbx most of the parking spots are plowed in but if you have a truck you can def just pull off the road enough to park and get into your spot.  i have seen some trucks parked on 51 by the parklands spots and they seem to be parking with no trouble at all. 

John