Richmondville

coonhunter

Anyone on here hunt this area? I travel up to Fonda on Saturdays to go to the races. I have seen two really nice bucks in farming areas. One of these is very high end and I hope to see him out of velvet. Last evening I saw this buck across the road about a half mile from where I was seeing him, but still on the same farm. I have no permission or access to either of these bucks, but it is still nice to see some nice bucks anywhere. 

Used to hunt in Summit, but never Richmondville. that whole area has some really good bucks, and some great does as well. Its been some years but the farmers sued to be pretty open to allowing hunters on their land, but time has changed. Just do some knocking.

If you are OK hunting on public land Mallet Pond isn't to far from there. There are a few others but I do not remember the names right now, Rossman something and if I remember right that borders Mallet. Also, not close to Richmondville but closer to Fultonville/Fonda is Charleston State Forest and Lost Valley.