Nov 7th?? why the late start?

Mike DBH

2 bucks total is the legal limit here.  You can fill your gun season buck tag during the late ML or archery season, but you cant use your gun buck tag during the early archery season.  If you buy an archery license and a ML license, you get a other tag, but it can only be used on antlerless deer.  That allows you to kill a total of three deer in any zone but only two can have antlers.  In some zones, including 9F where I live and do most of my hunting,  up to (4) additional DMP's can be purchased, (2) before October 1 and (2) after Nov 1 in many zones if any tags remain.  DMP's are also only good for antlerless deer.   Things are pretty good for the meat hunters like myself now here in NY as (7) deer would fill just about any freezer.

Thanks for the info.

I just checked out the dec site, crossbow starts nov 7th this year.. it was nove 1st last year...So I shelled out 700$ for a crossbow and I only get to used it for 2 weeks assuming I havent tagged out with my compound yet. SMH

Well save a tag for the crossbow season this year... problem solved.

• Like 2