Non-Toxic Shotgun Shells

DirtTime

I am trying to find an alternative to the basic lead shot, But I don't want steel shot. Spent a couple hours looking around the web, I found Nice Shot and another company, American something that slips my mind at this time. No prices.

Does anyone here know of a non-lead shotgun shell that is also not steel shot and doesn't cost $40 a box of 10?

Edited by ....rob

Thanks bkln, I did read that earlier today. I also looked up dealers near me. Two about 30 minutes away. I never got a chance to call either. Or the local gun shops near me to ask. Been one of those days.

I also really don't want to mail order ammo. ( Not even sure they have that fixed in NY anyway) I really like going into the shop and looking around, even just to buy ammo. You never know what you might find a deal on.

Couple of the areas I want to hunt greys this fall are non toxic only, so I need an alternative. I really don't want to use steel shot ( personal choice here people, please don't read anything into it ). 

Not sure what your issue is with steel (nor I care :-)) Just saying, take a look at this steel slug I used for the 11 pointer I got few years back... shot and recovered with no damage to the round whatsoever. Since then I bought like 200 rounds, I hope it will last me for a while. Awesome stopping power, nothing like lead plus no fragmentation which is positive. I'm not criticizing, just sharing my experience....

11385630_908747519195082_261318153_n.jpg

Just wondering what’s the problem with steel it has come a long way in the last 25 years. What are you going hunt? if its waterfowl I would just use steel you can get velocities from 1200 to 1700fps and you get 25per. Box not 10per box

Just wondering what’s the problem with steel it has come a long way in the last 25 years. What are you going hunt? if its waterfowl I would just use steel you can get velocities from 1200 to 1700fps and you get 25per. Box not 10per box

Just my personal preference to want something in the middle. Not lead, not steel. I really have no justification for wanting a non-toxic shot that's not steel. I guess if you really have to rationalize it, take turkey hunting with a shotgun as an example. Some like open sights and some use a scope. It's just a personal choice.