"We Are Hunters" - My Response To The Media's Take

AdirondackBH

I just wish more anti hunters could understand this.  We are the leaders of conservation, not them.  

Many get the impression we are a bunch of blood thirsty killers with no though about our prey and I have found this is usually the furthest from the truth.  Not that some do not start out that way but I do not see many who stay that way once life lessons are learned though hunting.  Most are blind to the truth and really have no clue about conservation.  But they will protest any killing of animals due to their uneducated and twisted point of view.  After the protest they go for burgers at the local tavern and tweet about how great the protest was then it's back to watching Bruce Jenner get an award for killing some poor sole, wait I mean coming out.  Twisted yes but apparently this is the world today.  Yet we are the ones who are wrong, arg.

Most just will never get it and as much as I try to explain to the laymen it is basically fruitless.  Believe me I try hard to explain hunting other than population control most do not understand why we do it.

Sorry for my rant, great article! 

• Like 1

I just wish more anti hunters could understand this.  We are the leaders of conservation, not them.  

Many get the impression we are a bunch of blood thirsty killers with no though about our prey and I have found this is usually the furthest from the truth.  Not that some do not start out that way but I do not see many who stay that way once life lessons are learned though hunting.  Most are blind to the truth and really have no clue about conservation.  But they will protest any killing of animals due to their uneducated and twisted point of view.  After the protest they go for burgers at the local tavern and tweet about how great the protest was then it's back to watching Bruce Jenner get an award for killing some poor sole, wait I mean coming out.  Twisted yes but apparently this is the world today.  Yet we are the ones who are wrong, arg.

Most just will never get it and as much as I try to explain to the laymen it is basically fruitless.  Believe me I try hard to explain hunting other than population control most do not understand why we do it.

Sorry for my rant, great article! 

Thanks brother!

A bit verbose maybe, but except for one big omission, I thought it was a good article.   I especially liked the emphasis on the importance of the meat.   We will never convince anti-hunters to go along with the whole "trophy-hunting" deal.    There is way too much emphasis on killing only old, mature animals or those with massive headgear in today's hunting literature.    What it lacked was some reference to God's creation and how he created the animals, birds, fish, and plants, for man to consume.  I know that opens a can of worms with many but it is really the most important aspect of the whole deal.  Forever hangs in the balance, not just the brief time we all get to spend here on earth.     

• Like 1

This is a great article from ADKBH's as well.  Everyone should read it.

When Hunters attack hunters

"The moments that hurt the most is when a hunter, conservationist, or pro-hunting personality does the same thing that anti-hunters are doing to us. It’s an inside job. It’s sad. And it happens more than what you might expect."

http://adirondackbowhunters.com/2015/04/08/guest-blogger-julie-mcqueen-when-hunters-attack-hunters/

• Like 1