Remington 870

I was shooting some clays with my son today,I shot a target cycled the pump shot again and I can't cycle the pump....took the barrel off got the the empty out but still can not cycle the pump.Any one go thru this?...I really don"t want to send it back..Gun is about 10 years old but I have not shot it that much at all maybe 5    6 hundred rounds.Not really my favorite gun so it dose not get out much...HELP..

Usually, it's related to the loading ramp.  The orange plastic magazine follower could be to blame.  It gets worn and sticks out a hair too much, causing it to interfere with the ramp moving upward.  Sometimes the little latch claw on the ramp is the problem. 

Usually has something directly related to that ramp that pushed the shell from the lower magazine tube section and up to the bolt chamber.

Try pushing the magazine tube follower back, then cycling it.  Does the first shell go in hard sometimes when loading the tube?

Somethings not right, it should be looked at.  Has it always done this, or just recently?  When you pump the gun do it firmly, smartly, can't think of the right word, just don't baby it. Maybe the action needs a good cleaning and coating of Rem-oil.

Edited by jim335

Took the trigger assembly out nothing fell out its all in 1 piece.Nothing on the slide rails is nicked or marred in any way.Put the gun back together it is working fine .I guess I well bring it out next weekend to see what happens.there was no gunk or buildup so who knows....