Stamford NY hunting

All4thebucks

Hey Ricky welcome to the site. I am right next store in Grand Gorge. The hunting isn't bad last year and the year before I only saw does. A few bears on my cameras but not during the season. It didn't help that I have an as==$%le neighbor who last year decided to shoot about 1000 rounds on opening day because they were bored and drunk. The years before that I got a 6 and then a 7. Right before the season I saw the biggest 10 point deer I have ever seen about 50' from me and he wasn't scared and just kept walk along side me and then went up the hill. I thought it was an elk. I live on LI during the week so i see big deere very day. Our area is OK but I think the west side of dellaware county is better hunting. I guess more farms to feed and smaller mountains. I think over all a lot of does if you have a tag the bucks are there but I only have seen a 4 and 6 by me and 2 bear. I haven't heard any coyotes for about 2 to 3 months. They must be traveling because I am seeing a lot of rabbits and woodchucks. What area of Stamford?

Good luck and be safe

Hey. that would have really warranted a convo with your neighbor, thats just bad ethics all around. have a lot of deer on camera actually. Personally, i spend some time in the woods looking for runs and funnels. have deer literally walk within 5 yards of me..alot of nice young bucks coming up. and a few huge 8 and 9 pointers i believe, hard to get an accurate count from nighttime pics, but their def. moving. have a couple yotes on camera too. warm weather doesn't help much but hopefully as fall sets in and the temps drop you'll see some more movement. do you have cameras out now ?

Yes I keep my cameras out almost all year long. I like seeing the critters. I live on the island but try to get up here every weekend I can of course I need to make sure the honey do list is done. I figure come up as much as possible to enjoy it since I am paying a mortgage so I should use it ????