5 Days To Bow Season

DirtTime

I agree with practicing at longer ranges than your hunting range. It does make the closer shots easier. And I do that myself.

But I really don't want to argue with you as to why ridiculously long shots (like 85 yards) are a no no. I'm not gonna change your mind.

Good luck.

:drinks:  Well said.

I don't really care how far you shoot at game with a bow. Have fun, enjoy the hunt, and good luck. 

I agree with not caring who shoots what at what ranges. I just don't agree with being told that long range shots are a "no-no". That's just totally false. Anyone who believes this is simply closed minded and that's truly their personal preference. Just don't label those who do as "wrong".

No matter your range skill level. Everyone should be practicing so they are confident they can take a animal humanely. Doing anything less than that would be unethical which I'm sure no one here stands for. Either way we can all agree to disagree on some things.

All in all I hope everyone on here has a VERY successful season and good times with their friends, families and themselves! Good luck to all! Let's get some BBD pics up soon! :)

• Like 1

Adkhunter, as you said "agree to disagree". These discussions regarding hunting shooting ranges always end up at the same impass.

There's the believers who state how well they can shoot and how careful they are. And I have no reason to doubt someone's ability, specially without even knowing the person.

And there are people like me who state, among other things, that a deer could take 2 steps forward in the time it takes for an arrow to travel 100 yards. Not that the Deer is even jumping the string. Maybe it just decides to walk forward at that moment.

We aren't going to change each others minds. but either way you can't deny that 100 yds shots are controversial. Hence the way you casually mentioned that you are tuned in to "90" is a little off-putting for those hunters on my side of it.

But you've explained yourself. You seem like a decent person. We just disagree. Whatever.

Seeing this thread has gone sideways. Instead of arguing about it in this thread, lets make a new thread about how far are you capable of killing wild game with a bow. That way this thread doesn't get carried to far from what I was trying to say in the beginning.

Which was good luck to all the NZ bow hunters going out this Sunday.

Sorry rob, my bad. Good luck NOrthern zone hunters! Go getem Sunday!

No worries. Didn't put my long johns in a bunch. Just trying to keep this thread on topic. I made a new thread for effective range with a bow. Now that one some might need pop-corn and a beer for.

Edited by ....rob