Cheaper Hooyman?

Five Seasons

I have a 14' polesaw/pruner combo. You know the big ones you get at lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_86252-63731-TP+3714___?productId=3044609&pl=1&Ntt=corona

I have a spot I picked out for my climber this year but didn't bring it while scouting. It's 1 30 minute drive to get there. My intentions are to trim a few branches quickly and quietly on my way in to hunt. With a climber and other crap I was hoping for something a little more mobile and the Hooyman's are just straight up robbery. Anyone use anything compact/smaller for cheaper?

Pole saws work great on initial stand set-up. The Hooyman 5' works well while up in your actual stand for clearing out any branches that are in the way that you can't reach from the ground.

Best part, is this model fits right into your back pak making it very handy.

Pole saws work great on initial stand set-up. The Hooyman 5' works well while up in your actual stand for clearing out any branches that are in the way that you can't reach from the ground.

Best part, is this model fits right into your back pak making it very handy.

that's kind of where I'm at when I use my climber.

I use a Fiskars pruning stick.  It extends 12 ft., has no rope to get tangled, and has both a saw blade and the pruning/scissor type cutter.  It is about 6 ft. long at its shortest, but it is super light and reaches many feet over my Hooeyman.  Fiskars also was great about replacing parts.  I broke mine and they sent me a brand new one.