Drive across NY

JimR

I spent this last weekend driving from Buffalo to NYC and back, helping my son move home. My route took me across the southern portion of the state , RTs 86 / 17 / 87. The beauty of our state is amazing, the rolling hills in the southern tier,the Catskills were the best, the roads following the creeks and rivers beautiful. I have to hand it to you guys who live in NYC and still get out to hunt and fish, you have a special dedication to fight traffic and travel just to get out to areas to pursue your sport. If we could just get the politicians to stop screwing things up you couldn't find a better place to be!

• Like 3

Sometimes we get involved in a condition where it gets to be too beautiful .... lol. The leaf-peepers are out right now. Tooling along at 35-40 MPH, gawking at the beautiful hills and valleys. Miles and miles of cars such that it is difficult to even get out of the driveway. They are heading to the jillions of fall festivals that are going on now, and grabbing up all those fresh veggies and fruits at the stands, and pigging down those grape pies. And always with their eyes glued to the colorful hillsides ..... lol.

My problem is that I live right in the middle of it all and have all my life. I tend to take it all for granted. It's the city people who really appreciate it all to it's fullest. So I really can't whine too much about their getting on the roads and taking in the sights that I simply rush through to get from point "A" to point "B".

• Like 1