Camera's Stolen

beachpeaz

I just had 2 camera's stolen off posted (heavily), private property.  I JUST put them up on thursday and they are gone already, 5 days later.  Worst yet, I believe I know who took them. 

My blood is boiling.  Thankfully my 7 year old son was with me to get the cameras or I would have went on a rampage with the people who took them.  It gave me time for my blood pressure to come down a tiny bit.

Now the question is, is there a point in confronting them.   Its not like they are going to admit to stealing and tresspassing!  What the hell do you do.  SO MAD!!!

Had a buddy have a camera stolen from his property. His neighbor was a hunter and didn't like the fact that my buddy's stand was within 200 yards of his property line. They had words previously because he would tell his friends they could ride their quads on my buddys land a bunch of times.

His camera went missing and he went right to the guys house and knocked on his door. Called his bluff and told him he had a 2nd camera off his stand and saw him walking away with his gear. The guy actually went into his garage and gave him back the camera!

I would have given that scumbag a 5 finger across his face, but my buddy said the guy's wife was standing there.

Some people are complete scumbags.

Try this

Try this

I thought about that.  I have actually in the past put 2 cameras facing each other when they are in an area I am nervous about.  I should have this time.

The camears were right next to the landowners house, like 200 yards tops.  

He allows a tree trimming company to use this little corner for their equipment.  The day I put them up, a bunch of their workers were there.  They saw me walk out of the woods (they did not see what I was doing though).  My gut is that one of those piles of garbage walked in after I left to see what I was doing and stole them.  

There is no other explanation.  I am giving it a day for my blood pressure to come down a bit and then I am headed over there...... 

Just an idea, bot go on Ebay and buy a junk broken camera. Drill a small hole through it and screw it to a tree and make sure it is visible to trespassers. Then hide a working camera to watch the decoy camera. Turn off all flashes and anything else that may give away the working camera.

• Like 1

Just an idea, bot go on Ebay and buy a junk broken camera. Drill a small hole through it and screw it to a tree and make sure it is visible to trespassers. Then hide a working camera to watch the decoy camera. Turn off all flashes and anything else that may give away the working camera.

Hollow the inside out and put a ink bomb in it lol

• Like 1

The way things are today I am shocked that those of you who have posted cameras , especially on public lands, are shocked when you find them missing.

This is private, heavily posted property.  And not in the sticks either.  This is in Clarence, NY (outside of Buffalo).  Right next to the guys house.  Just stupid.

I would never put up a camera on public land that I didn't expect to lose.

I'm in the same boat.  Private property that my Brother and I own.  I lost a sweet Moultrie (had monitor to view images in woods) and a buck buggy.  Both are gone.  It's insanely frustrating.  I, on the other hand have absolutely no idea who the thieves could be.  In fact, I don't even know how you'd stumble across the camera.  way up on my property in thickets.