shoulder recovery

BowmanMike

So, here is an update on my shoulder problem. Not quite sure what happened,maybe bursitis or some minor tear of stuff.

I could hardly move my arm, had a lot of pain and trouble sleeping, but finally after a week the pain started to subside and I got some exercises from a PT friend. It is pretty depressing how fast muscles can atrophy. The saying Use it or loose it is too true. 

I feel like I can maybe get back in the game next week. Would be nice

• Like 4

Best of luck to you ! I've been fighting two bad shoulders for years, they were pretty good lately , two days ago the left one started to,hurt again ....

Popping pills, doing my PT and hoping . I have to continually do PT and things are then ok, because of hunting and other things I backed off a bit .

Off to gym now some things I can only do there but they work well. Keep at it you'll get better!

Edited by Larry302

I am quite injury prone, and being active this means I am often carrying injuries. I find that initial rest is crucial, even if it is frustrating. Then, when the sharp pains subside and the aches remain, this is a good time to begin some light physio. 

You need to eat those things that the body requires for healing. Amino acids and proteins are very important, as is vitamin c, zinc and magnesium malate. A good brand of powdered beef gelatin can be added to meals and drinks to speed things along.

Edited by Papist

I am eating venison chili right now. That has to be good for you.

This is my first shoulder issue ever, aside from it feeling a bit stiff here and there from work. I am 43 years old, and have to learn to watch things a little more closely and to do exercises to keep limber.

It is encouraging to hear that other people deal with more pain and issues than me. Just a new thing for me to keep track of I guess.

Thanks for the encouragement.